Chidenguele is situated on the EN1, 65 km north of Xai Xai and 5 km from the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. The dirt road from the village to the beach takes you past the edge of Lake Nhambavale; a fresh water lake over 20 km long and ideal for water sports. There are also a number of smaller freshwater lakes in the area.
Things to do in the area include:
- Water sports on lake Nhambavale
- Saltwater & Freshwater Fishing (bring own equipment)
- Diving & Snorkelling (bring own equipment)
- Bird Watching
- Day visit to Xai-Xai
- Look around Chidenguele & Cathedral
- Climb up Boa Paz Light house which is accessible from the beach (about 1 km from Sunset), or by road (4 km).